If you live in Arizona, you might have already heard the news…the Healthcare Industry is moving in! Healthcare related fields are taking their place among the major industries in the state according the Bureau of Labor and Statistics. Despite this trend, retail chains still have stronghold on the list of major employers.
So, why is this all important to you? As employers continue to add jobs, unemployment rates stay low and property values increase. This is great news for our community!
When you look at the jobs that are being added, one might take a skeptical approach and surmise that these jobs are lower pay and only affect the lower end of the housing market. However, the ripple effect of home buying and selling is very real. When lower priced homes sell, the seller has to go somewhere, and typically, the seller is moving up to a higher priced home. Here’s a list of Arizona employers that are starting that ripple effect in the housing market.
- Wal-Mart – With its 120+ retail locations throughout Arizona, Wal-mart employs more than 32,000 people
- Banner Health – Based in Phoenix, Banner operates 25 hospitals and other related services in seven states. With more than 30,000 employees across Arizona, Banner stakes its claim as the second largest private employer in the state.
- Kroger Co. – Operating in Arizona mostly under the Fry’s Food moniker this Ohio based grocery chain holds more than 120 locations in Arizona and employs almost 18,000 people.
- Albertsons Inc. – Nationwide, Albertsons has more than 600 stores and 60,000 employees. More than 25% of those employees call Arizona home.
- Wells Fargo – Started in 1852, Wells Fargo has more than 8,700 locations nationwide. Within the Arizona boarders, Wells boasts 183 banks and more than 500 ATMs.