If you live in Utah, you might have already heard the news… Utah is known for being business-friendly and having an exceptionally skilled work force. If there is a job opening in Utah, it’s usually a good job!
So, why is this all important to you? As employers continue to add jobs, unemployment rates stay low and property values increase. This is great news for our community!
When you look at the jobs that are being added, many of them are skill based jobs that pay competitive wages. Positions such as these do great things for the Utah housing market. Here’s a list of Utah employers that are helping to bolster the Utah economy and the housing market.
- The Government – Both the State of Utah and the Federal Government blanket the state with quality, sustainable jobs. Various government entities actually hold 8 of the top 10 spots on a list of Utah employers with the most employees. Other than the typical state and federal jobs, Utah also boasts two major universities, three major school districts, Hill Air Force Base and the IRS.
- Intermountain HealthCare – Intermountain Healthcare is a not-for-profit health system based in Salt Lake City, Utah, with 22 hospitals, a broad range of clinics and services. They employ more than 20,000 people in Utah
- Wal-Mart – With its 59 retail locations throughout Utah, Wal-Mart employs more than 17,000 people.
- Convergys – While Convergys doesn’t divulge specific numbers, their seven locations across Utah are more than any other state and estimates from the state put their employee count between 5,000 and 7,000 conservatively.
- Kroger Co. – Operating in Utah mostly under the Smith’s and Smith’s Marketplace moniker this Ohio based grocery chain holds more than 50 locations in Utah and employs almost 6,000 people.